Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sprinklers may be the death of me

Let me start off by saying that if I ever hire YOU to do any sort of construction/repair work to my home that I will be handcuffing myself to you until the job is complete, mmmkay?
 
Why you ask? Well because I had ONE shitty experience with ONE shitty contractor and it has left a sour taste in my mouth about them all.
 
When Brett and I bought our house 5 years ago there was no landscaping and the basement was unfinished. We thought this was great because then we could make it our own, just the way we wanted it. Ha silly stupid us. 'Making it our own' has be such an effing headache thus far and again I blame that on ONE shitty contractor.
 
Long-short of it, we hired good ol' Luis of Wendys Landscaping (local buyers beware) to completely landscape our yard. Leveling, sprinklers, curbing, gravel, sod... the whole nine yards. He was a smooth talker, a deal maker and a flake. Half way through the work he disappeared with payment in hand (our fault, I know I know). I am an honest person so I guess I just expect everyone else to be but this guy truly f*cked us sideways. Not only did he not complete the work but the work that he did do is sooo jacked that it has become more work for us to fix his mistakes than it would have for us to just do it all from the get go.
 
So here we are on day two, 4 Home Depot trips later and still the shit isn't done. And we are just talking the sprinklers right now, not to mention the rest of the shit the yard needs. What we thought was a simple job of hooking a few things up (since the asshole at least laid the sprinklers) has turned into a nightmare. Things like this really do test your patience and I need to constantly remind myself that my husband is not the reason for my frustrations... he is just the closest person around to take them out on.
 
LOVE YOU BABE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment